Fishermead Medical Centre Patient Participation Group
Please join our group and help us work with Doctors, Nursing and Management staff to:
- Improve services
- Encourage health education
- Provide feedback and positive suggestions on matters of concern.
Our virtual group is open to all patients of Fishermead Medical Centre. You can participate by sharing views and ideas. We will consult with you on a regular basis to keep you informed.
If you are interested in joining our virtual PPG please pick up a MEMBERSHIP FORM from reception or contact us through the website.
Terms of Reference
Fishermead Medical Centre Patient Participation Group Terms of Reference
This PPG will:
1. Act as a planning tool - can be consulted on service development and provision.
2. Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests.
3. ‘Safety valve’ for dealing with concerns about the practice – help give the practice’s viewpoint.
4. Assist practice by facilitating voluntary groups/support within the community.
5. Feedback information about the community, in general, which may affect healthcare.
6. Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care.
7. Health Education: encourage and support activities within the practice and promote preventative medicine.
8. Influence the provision of secondary health care and social care locally.
9. Monitor services, e.g. hospital discharge and support when back in the community.
10. Give feedback to NHS Trusts on consultations.
11. Fundraising for medical equipment or other facilities to improve the practice or the group may prefer not to have the responsibility of fund-raising.
12. Liaise with other Patient Participation Groups in the area that can help put you in touch with other groups.